Are you looking for the best weighted vest? The vest should be a nice, comfortable and conveniently achievable one, a vest that can serve your purpose perfectly, RIGHT? But you are not sure which one to buy. The markets are overflowing with different types of vests produced by different companies. They all are claiming they have the best weighted vest in the market.
How can you be sure which one you should buy!? They all have their own quality and purposes. Each has some merits and some demerits. Finding the best one from them can be critical.
Don’t worry, we did the hard work for you 🙂 Based on an elaborate research we have come up with a list of best weighted vests that are currently available in the markets.
Weighted vests are gaining popularity very fast especially because of its effectiveness in weight loss programs and performance augmentation training. The usefulness of weighted clothing is enormous. Whether you are a gym geek or an ordinary person who love jogging to stay fit and healthy, a well-designed weighted vest can be a great investment for you.
Not every working people can manage enough time to hit the gym on a regular basis keeping aside the associated high expenses. So they depend on jogging mostly or may be some body weight exercises in the park. However, satisfying the time constraint, the amount of time they can actually spend for fitness, isn’t sufficient to burn enough calories to remain lean and fit. The solution of this problem is to increase the intensity of their daily workout routine.
How can you do that without increasing the time?
One of the best ways of increasing the intensity of simple jogging and other body weight exercise is to wear a weighted vest. Using weighted clothing during workout shows significant improvement in strength and calorie burning. A study shows that wearing a weight suit of 15% of your body mass during walking or running can increase calories burning up to 12% than doing the same without wearing any weighted vest.
Apart from this weighted vest has a tremendous impact on improving athletic performance, increasing strength, improving posture and balance, reduces chances of bone decay etc.
Benefits of a weighted vest are discussed in detailed here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 List of Best weighted Vests
- 2 Number 1 Editor’s pick – Best weighted vest (The most comfortable weighted vest)
- 3 Number 2: TITIN- The best weighted training cloth
- 4 Titin Force Weighted Shirt Features
- 5 Number 3: ZFO Sports-Excellent weighted vest with the cheapest price (the best bodybuilding vest)
- 6 Number 4: Cross 101-the strongest weighted vests
- 7 Number 5: Pure fitness-weighted vest (the best weighted vest for running)
- 8 Number 6: Mir’s Short weighted vest (the best short weighted vest)
- 9 Number 7: Valeo weighted vest
- 10 Which Weighted Vest you Should Pick? How to Pick-Buying Guide
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
List of Best weighted Vests
Number 1 Editor’s pick – Best weighted vest (The most comfortable weighted vest)Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex 10-Pound Adjustable Weighted Vest for Fitness Workouts by Hyperwear
Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex 10-Pound Adjustable Weighted Vest is totally different from traditional weighted vests that you will find in the market. It’s smart innovative design eliminates all the associated problems of conventional weighted vests such as discomfort, bulkiness, fitting problems or inflexibility during workouts.
This vest is unbelievably thin considering how much weight (10lbs) it contains. You can wear it under your normal clothing and easily go out in the public unnoticed. Without any doubt, this weighted vest is also the most comfortable weighted vest among all the 7 best weighted training vests. This vest is provided for 5 different body sizes. In every aspect, this vest is designed to fit your body snugly indifferent to your body size and shape.
This vest is suitable for almost any kind of workout including running, walking, a high-intensity cardio routine like insanity Asylum workouts, stepping, push-up, pull-ups or traditional weight training.
No wonder this vest scored highest (4.7 out of 5) among all the weighted vests.
Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Features
- Patented design and fabric
- Comes with 10lbs of high-density steel weights
- Have capacity for more weights
- Additional weight can be purchased to increase the load of the vest.
- Maximum load capacity for Hyper Vest Pro: Small (23lbs), Medium (26lbs), Large (34lbs), XL (46lbs) XXL (65 lbs).
- Thin profile provides the full range of motion
- Stretch fabric is wicking, cool and comfortable
- Have open sides for ventilation
- Unisex design with side lacing for highly adjustable fit
- Odor resistant
- Machine washable
- One year warranty
Pros of Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO
- This vest is so thin that you can wear it under normal clothing and go unnoticed
- Great fit, light, breathable and suitable to wear for a long period which makes this vest as the most comfortable weighted vest.
- This is a suitably weighted clothes for everyday use
- Does not move around and swing during jogging or jumping. Therefore, this vest is one of the best weighted vest for running.
- Suitable for any kind of workouts including cardio and weight training, hiking, rock climbing, badminton and several other sports
- Very much fashionable and extremely slim design
- Having front zipper makes it very easy to put on and take off
- Easily wearable under and over normal cloth
- Odor protected
- Weights are evenly distributed across the front and back to spread out the impact
Cons of Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO
- Little expensive
- One can find it little uncomfortable around the neck area
- The extra weights are severely over priced
- Adding those extra weights can be pretty tedious
Number 2: TITIN- The best weighted training clothTitin Force Weighted Shirt System Black by TITIN
Among all the products of our list, TITIN is the only vest that has been specially designed for increasing athletic performances. We have recommended this vest as the best professional weighted vest.
Titin Force Weighted Shirt is an innovative weighted vest that takes the whole weighted vest idea to a new level. This is not merely a weighted vest but a comprehensive “compression weighted shirt system”. Unlike other weighted vests it has used flexible hydro-gel, placed strategically in fourteen different pockets.
Titin Force Weighted Shirt can be used for heat and cold therapy to ease up muscle injuries/soreness.
Titin Force Weighted Shirt ensures a tight fit and maximum mobility at the same time which makes it very much appropriate for different types of workouts including running, skipping, push-ups, pull-ups and other body weight exercise to intensify your daily workout routine. However, being just only 8lbs weight may not do much in the case of resistance training.
Titin Force Weighted Shirt Features
- TITIN is the world’s ONLY weighted compression apparel – Proper weight placement & compression keeps the weight in place so it doesn’t bounce around like a normal weight vest
- The gels can be heated or frozen and stay hot or frozen for 30-45 minutes while staying pliable and flexible at all temperatures – Use it treat sore and tired muscles
- The TITIN Force Weighted Shirt System is designed for strenuous workouts – Both the inner pocket shirt and the outer compression shirt are made with moisture wicking material to block odor and germs
- In joint study, w/Under Armour TITIN increased lactate intake by 25%, vertical by 13%, endurance by 11%, top end speed by 3% and strength/agility
- Sizing runs true to chart (see image) – The gels have a lifetime warranty and the shirts will last 8-10 years of consistent use – All Authentic TITIN Systems Are Shipped With A Certificate of Authenticity & A Manufacturer’s Seal of Approval
Pros of Titin Force Weighted Shirt
- Great product for jogging and other body weight exercise
- Best product for augmenting athletic performances
- Hydro-gel is used as weight which is very comfortable
- Unlike other weighted vests, this vest will not give you any discomfort in your shoulder area
- Can be used for hot and cold therapy
- Weights are evenly distributed all over the chest, stomach, arms and upper back.
- Snugly fit your body
- Doesn’t swing or bounce during running
- Suitable for both man and women
- Well constructed and able to withstand rough use
- Odor protected design
- Machine washable
- Perfect to wear regardless of the weather
- One of the best weighted vests for running and cross-fit
Cons of Titin Force Weighted Shirt
- The edges of the gels aren’t cut properly which may give you a hard time to insert them into the pockets
- Taking off the inner shirt after workout can be little tricky
- 8 lbs may not be enough weight for people used to with advanced resistance training
- This weighted vest is more suitable for cardio then weight training
- Ordering a size bigger can be a good idea to solve taking out problem after work out
- Though this vest is machine washable but hand washing the inserts will be a good idea to avoid fold in problem of the insert
Number 3: ZFO Sports-Excellent weighted vest with the cheapest price (the best bodybuilding vest)ZFO sports 20LBs, 40LBs & 60LBs Adjustable Weighted Vest by MiR Weighted Vest
The next one of our list is Mir’s ZFOsports Adjustable Weighted Vest. MiR’s weighted vests gained enormous popularity for its great design, balanced weight distribution, and affordability.
This is a great vest for resistance training which is why we considered it as the most suitable bodybuilding vest.
ZFOsports Adjustable Weighted Vest of different weights is no doubt is one of top 7 high quality weighted vests out there. Based on various weight limits, starting from 20 lbs, the manufacturer produces different categories of weighted vests targeting different groups of people. All the ZFOsports weighted vests have similar features.
Product Features of ZFO Sports Adjustable Weighted Vest
- All weights are removable and adjustable in 2.5-Pound increments
- One size fits most
- Designed for both men and women
- Comes with a Velcro belt that keeps the vest tight to the body
- Instructions included
- The weight of the vests come out with small sand bags
Pros of ZFO Sports Adjustable Weighted Vest
- Fits properly and hugs tight (with double abdomen straps ) and very much comfortable at the same time
- Forces to keep up excellent posture
- Flexible enough to free breath and movement
- Great weighted bodybuilding vest
- Great for slow running and other cardio and strength training
- Suitable for any size and shape
Cons of ZFO Sports Adjustable Weighted Vest
- Putting all the parts of the vest together can be little tedious and confusing. However, with the help of attached instruction manual and a bit patience you can easily sort it out.
- This vest isn’t waterproof
- Little bulky
- Not suitable for sprinting or fast pace cardio routine
Number 4: Cross 101-the strongest weighted vestsCross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest,20, 40 and 60 lbs Camouflage)
The Cross101 40 LBS Adjustable Camouflage Weighted Vest is one of our top five picks. This sturdy looking vest from our list of 7 top-notch weighted vests is getting rapid popularity among the customers. Having only 15″ in length from your collarbone down and 13″ in width makes it ultra compact 40 lb weighted vest. The compactness of this vest allows maximum free arm movements. This vest is specially built for CrossFit, therefore, people who are looking for a great weighted vest for CrossFit can try this product.
The vest itself is pretty strong and it tightens up pretty close to your body which eliminates the chances of swing and shifting of the weights. Durability is another great specialty of this vest which ensures longevity under heavy abuses.
This vest is specially made for training that needs free arms movement such as CrossFit training. Also, Best for any types of body weight exercises i.e. pull-up, chin-up, pushups, squats, lunges etc.
Product Features of Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest
- Weights Included. 10 x 4 lbs Iron Ore weights
- Weights are adjustable in 4lbs Increments. Max weight is 40lbs
- One piece design with belt attached to the vest for easy setup
- 13-Inch in width, One size fits all
- Manufacturer warranty included
Pros of Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest
- The great advantage of this vest is its’ price.
- This vest is suitable for both man and women
- Good fit for any size and shape
- Strong and durable
- Weight bags are easy to remove from and add to the pocket of the vests
- Similar to military combat vest which is useful to those who are in the force for getting used to with the original one
- Easily washable in normal washing machine
- Easy to wear before workout and remove after workout
- This vest is considered as the best weighted vest for CrossFit
Cons of Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest
- People with a narrow shoulder, mostly women with petite structure, may find it little difficult to use it during running for its wide neck as it may slide down your body. Although, people with broad shoulder can easily use it for jogging.
- Lack of padding around the neck which may cause little discomfort
- This vest is more suitable for body weight workout than running
- You cannot go outside for running and remain unnoticed. This vest is huge and it looks like a military vest which may be a good thing for many as it will make your look really cool.
Dish washing liquid can be used for washing this vest. Remove the weight bags before through it inside a washing machine.
Number 5: Pure fitness-weighted vest (the best weighted vest for running)Pure Fitness Weighted Vest by Pure Fitness
Pure Fitness Weighted Vest is another excellent product to intensify your workout routine. This vest is designed for both men and women which make it a great workout kit for spouses. Another specialty of this vest is its security measures. In fact, among our top 7 weighted vests, only this vest has reflective trim for safer running or jogging at night. This well-constructed vest distributed the weights (40 lbs max) in a uniform way all over your torso, chest, and back that ensures maximum balance.
Velcro provides a comfortable fit, tight in the shoulder and torso area that doesn’t allow flapping or bouncing during jogging or any other workout. It has sand-filled weights (.88-Pound/.4 kg each) that are easy to add and remove to adjust your desired weight.
Pure Fitness Weighted Vest is mostly suitable for walking, slow jogging and other body weight exercise like push ups, pull ups, squats, lounges etc. It allows free movement of your arms to execute most of the workout moves.
Product Features of Pure Fitness Weighted Vest
- Total 40 lbs weight distributed over 43 sand-filled weights (.88-Pound/.4 kg each)
- Easy to insert or remove and conform to your body contours
- Reflective trim for safer running or jogging at night
- Fully adjustable closures fit most adults
- Unisex design
Pros Pure Fitness Weighted Vest
- This vest doesn’t contain any straps hanging in the way that makes it more suitable for free movement.
- Only Velcro is secure and provides a comfortable fit.
- Excellent weighted vest for men or women
- Assembly isn’t easy but also isn’t too tough – if you have arthritis or other hand problems it could present a challenge but otherwise, just takes a bit of time. The bags are well sealed and we had no mess or mishap.
- Great for jogging as it fits well
- Nice outlook
- Reflective trim secures night-time walking/ running
- One of best weighted vests for running/jogging
Con Pure Fitness Weighted Vest
- Sand pouches may seem little bulky to some user
- This vest is more suitable for slow workouts when it’s fully loaded
- In the beginning, you might find it difficult to insert the sand bags into the small pockets
Number 6: Mir’s Short weighted vest (the best short weighted vest)MIR 50 LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
This is another awesome product of Mir that gets into our top 7 high-quality weighted vests. This vest is getting lots of attention for its compact design that provides maximum overhead mobility for all sorts of workouts. It comes with a full set of weights that can be adjusted from 3 to 50lbs to increase the resistance of user’s choice. It provides adequate padding in the shoulder area to increase comfort. The weights are allocated upper part of the torso that ensures avoidance of uncomfortable contact of weights with user’s stomach during running or other high mobility workouts.
MIR 50 LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest is very much effective for close-hand exercises. As it ensures free arm’s mobility, it performs excellently in all types of workouts including running, burpees, plyometrics, pullup, pushups, dips and also increase the intensity of normal weight training in the gym.
Product Features of MIR Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
- 50-Pounds Included weights adjustable in 3-Pound increments; One Velcro belt included
- Weights are solid iron
- Vest weights Capacity = 60-Pound; Empty compartments to add additional weights
- Double padding throughout vest and narrow shoulder design
- Super Compact; Only 11-Inch in length; Design for maximum mobility; Snug Fit
- Weights are loaded at the upper body; Front and back weight distribution for optimum performance
Pros of MIR Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
- Suitable for all sorts of cardio and weight training
- Ensure maximum mobility
- Weight distribution is even and has adequate padding in the shoulder area
- The 4 strap design makes this vest stay snug and stable
- Easy to remove and add the weights
- Easy to breath
Cons of MIR Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
- In the beginning setting up the straps may seem little puzzling, however with a little patience, one can easily figure it out.
- Wide neck people may find it little tight in that area
Don’t add too much weight during running in the beginning. You can always increment the weights by 3 lbs when you are ready.
Number 7: Valeo weighted vestValeo WV40 40-Pound Weighted Vest
Valeo 40 lbs weighted vest positioned sixth at our list of best 7 weighted vests. This cool looking vest is very durable having 40 individual 1 lb weight bags well-distributed around the torso area to maximize the cardiovascular conditioning and strength during the workout. This vest is made of breathable mesh which made it very comfortable during an intensive workout.
The weights are adjustable from 1 to 40 lbs. In addition, adjustable shoulder, side straps, and four adjustable front clip belts made it well fit and tighten your body comfortably. The inside of this vest has large space which made it very comfortable to even a very large person.
Valeo WV40 40-Pound Weighted Vest is a tremendous product for jogging and other body weight exercises i.e. push up, pull up, lunges, dips etc. Unlike other weighted vests, it has shoulder padding which saves your collarbone and shoulder from injuries. You will find this vest very effective during strength training especially because of it tight fittings and design which allows maximum mobility of your arms.
Product Features of Valeo WV40 40-Pound Weighted Vest
- Removable 1 lb. packs for adjustment from 1-40 lbs.
- Durable and breathable mesh
- Four adjustable front clip belts
- Reinforced shoulder padding
- One size fits most
Pros of Valeo WV40 40-Pound Weighted Vest
- Great for running and all other body weight exercises
- Great look with magnificent design
- Tighten and fit anybody
- Even distribution of weights
- Pretty durable and can withstand heavy usage
- Weights don’t swing or bounce during running
- Individual weights can be easily added and removed
Cons of Valeo WV40 40-Pound Weighted Vest
- Some may find the shoulder padding insufficient
- Although this vest is made for all body types, people with petite shape may find it unnecessarily large and loose in the lower area
- In the beginning, it may be little rigid and can hamper some upward movement of your arm which will ease up with time.
One may find the edge of knitting little sharp which may cause discomfort in some workouts i.e. dips. Wearing a t-shirt underneath can solve this problem.
Which Weighted Vest you Should Pick? How to Pick-Buying Guide
Find the perfect weighted vests that suit you most is tricky. You need to be careful and reasonable about the choice. In this buying guide, I describe the crucial factors that you should consider before buying the best suitable weighted vest for you.
If you know what a weighted vest is then you also know the core objective of using this equipment- yes, it is boosting your workout intensity. However, besides this obvious purpose, weighted vests have many other direct and indirect benefits for which you may consider to try one.
Now, assuming that you are all interested in buying a weighted vest, you are now must be very confused about which one to buy. It is normal; there are hundreds of weighted vest you can found in amazon.com or any other online markets. They all have their own merits and demerits; you just need to select the right one for you.
Well, it’s easy; you just need to consider three things – Your objective/activity, your body type, and your budget.
Which Weighted Vest is Best for Your Goal and Activity
As I just mentioned, weighted vests can serve different types of purposes i.e. burn more calories, weight loss, gain strength and stamina, increase athletic performances, increase bone density or even some other medical purposes.
Most common among them is burn more calories/ weight loss, increase strength and stamina and increase bone density. So, you need to decide what you want to gain from using a weighted vest. Although these purposes are interlinked; you burn more calories doing jogging or slow running wearing a vest then you also gain more stamina. This is obvious, right?
But the most important thing for selecting a weight vest is to understand what type of workout you are going to do with your weighted vest. Your activity wearing a vest should be the primary determinant of what type of vest you need to buy.
If you want a vest suitable for a specific type of training i.e. the best weighted vest for running or the best weighted vest for CrossFit etc then you need to decide what sorts of workouts you are going to do wearing a weighted vest beforehand. A poor choice can put your money and effort into total failure with a weighted vest.
For example, if you want to do Shwn T’s Insanity Asylum or any other high-intensity cardio type workouts then you can’t buy a bulky weighted vest that restricts your movement. So, if your plan is to use it for during a workout which required vigorous movement then you have to choose differently than another person who just wants to walk with it.
Although, most of us are not very specific about their workout types and are looking for a vest which suits most training types. Fortunate thing is, most of the high quality weighted vests serve well enough to suits most types of training well enough.
I have mentioned above which vests are suitable for which type of exercise in detailed. Here, I have provided a chart following which you can easily identify the right weighted vest for your workout.
Workout Suitable Weighted Vests
Jogging/Slow running, walking Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, ZFOsports, Titin Force Weighted Shirt, Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest, Pure fitness weighted vests, MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest, Valeo, SKLZ Weighted Vest
Sprinting Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, Titin Force Weighted Shirt
Cardio Training that includes vigorous movement i.e. Shawn T Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, Titin Force Weighted Shirt, MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
Body weight exercises i.e. push-ups, pull-ups, dips etc Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, ZFOsports, Titin Force Weighted Shirt, Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest, Pure fitness weighted vests, MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest, Valeo, SKLZ Weighted Vest
Resistance training suitability Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, Titin Force Weighted Shirt, ZFOsports, Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest, Pure fitness weighted vests, MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest
Which Weighted Vest is Best for Your Body Type
Do you know what your body type is?
Well, this is also a very important factor that you should take into consideration before buying a weighted vest. A wrong decision may cause negative impression especially because of discomfort. Now, I will guide to find out which body type you have and what the best choices are for that.
At first, some basic information about body types you should know. Popularly, human body forms can be divided into three major types– Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and Endomorph as categorized by William Herbert Sheldon.
Ectomorphs are those who are conventionally known as ‘skinny’. They have little muscles with narrow shoulder and chests, very little body fat and thin bone and joints. If you have an Ectomorph kind of body then you should avoid heavy and bulky kind of weighted vests like CrossFit and choose thin and less heavy vests such as Hyperwear. Weighted vests with bulky forms may cause fitting problems and consequently, weights will swing or bounce during workouts. Believe me; you will not like this scenario.
On the other hand, a Mesomorph doesn’t have to worry about this matter at all, as they are blessed with natural broad shoulder, strong muscles, and bone joints. Having a natural Athletic body allows them to fit into almost any types of weighted vests they want. However, they still have to consider other two factors – objective and budget.
If you are overweight, having a large waist with narrow shoulder and high body fats then you are an Endomorph. You can easily build muscles which are good news but the bad news is you will face some difficulties to find a suitably weighted vest for you. If you end up with a wrong one then you may face discomfort and breath-ability problems.
|Body Types||Suitable Weighted Vests|
|Ectomorph||Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, Pure fitness weighted vests|
|Mesomorph||Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, ZFOsports, Titin Force Weighted Shirt, Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest, Pure fitness weighted vests, MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest, Valeo, SKLZ Weighted Vest|
|EndomorphShawn T||Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO, ZFOsports, Titin Force Weighted Shirt, Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest, SKLZ Weighted Vest|
Which weighted Vest is Best for Your budget
There are various kinds of weighted vests provided by different companies with various price ranges. Now, it’s not like the initial stage when weighted vests first appeared in the market. Then it was mostly expensive that seems like a luxury to spend that much on a vest. You will find many low priced weighted vests on the market without much compromising quality ranging from 50 to 100 dollars. If you are not very interested in spending much on weighted vest then you can go for ZFOsports, Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest, Pure fitness-weighted vests, MIR 50LBS Short Adjustable Weighted Vest or Valeo, SKLZ Weighted Vest.
However, you should always keep in your mind that quality has its price. If you want a really durable product with excellent quality then you will have to spend a little more than the cheap one. For this case, I would recommend you go for either Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO or Titin Force Weighted Shirt. Both of this vest is unique in terms of their design and quality.
By quality, I mostly meant – fittings, workout suitability, endurance, and comfort. You will find many cheap weighted vests but believe me – you should be careful of what you are asking for. No doubt weighted vest can really do wonder but if you ended up with a wrong one then you may hurt yourself or just waste your money.
So, in short, you should first check your objective/ activity then choose carefully which one will support your workouts safely and optimize your budget.